The Real Bread Festival is being hosted at Bowhouse by Scotland the Bread on Saturday 25th February – following the 2023 Scottish Bread Championships which will be held on Thursday 23rd of February.
The Festival rounds off Real Bread Week (18th to 26th February) with an exciting programme including:
– The premiere of a short film celebrating the new wave of agroecological Scottish grain, flour & bread
– The awards ceremony of the newly relocated Scottish Bread Championship (full details and entry form here)
– A keynote speech and panel discussion from the Coordinator of The Real Bread Campaign
– Straw weaving workshop
– A Taste of Diversity: A chance to try different grains (heritage, landraces, ancient, populations)
– Real Bread focused market stalls
– The Big Thrash (especially for children), from sheaf to sourdough by hand: thresh (in a bag), winnow, grind
– Bannocks & Ballads: stories and songs from Marie Louise Cochrane, The Storytelling Cook
…and much more!
Entry is free, but all donations are welcomed and will support Scotland The Bread’s work.