Come to Bowhouse for the second annual Scottish festival celebrating all things Real Bread, packed with workshops, talks, hands-on activity, a rare performance of The Breadagogues’ ARISE! and the results of the 2024 Scottish Bread Championship.
The Festival rounds off Real Bread Week (17th to 25th February) with an exciting programme.
- Be part of The Breadagogues’ work-in-progress show ARISE! Songs and Stories for the Bread Revolution
- The awards ceremony of the Scottish Bread Championship (full details and entry form available Jan 8th), Scotland’s only exclusively Real Bread competition
- Two Slices a Day – scientists and community bakers report on The People’s Bread: an easy way to get Ultra-Processed Food off our backs (and fronts)
- First screening in Scotland of Six Inches of Soil – the inspiring story of British farmers standing up against the industrial food system to heal the soil, benefit our health and provide for local communities – followed by a discussion on how healthy grains from healthy soils are the foundation of Real Bread
- Straw weaving workshop
- Children’s flatbread making workshop
- Bread Shed’s famous sourdough rye bread demonstration (for beginners and enthusiasts alike)
- Roti making with Scotland The Bread wholemeal flour
- Tours of Scotland The Bread’s unique mill
- Real Bread focused market stalls
- The Big Thrash (especially for children), from sheaf to sourdough by hand: thresh (in a bag), winnow, grind…and much more!
Entry is free, but all donations are welcomed and will support Scotland The Bread’s work. Read about the first ever Scottish Real Bread Festival last year.